CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Whew!

The past several weeks have really been hectic around here. BUT, baseball season is FINALLY over! Kinda have mixed feelings about it tho'. We (I say we here, meaning the whole family) had a good time with all the kids on the team this year. The boys should be really proud of themselves.......we are certainly proud of them! They went UNDEFEATED during regular season play. We had District Tournament the weekend of 4th of July, actually it started July 2nd and went thru' July 7th, and OMG was it HOT!! The Goblins made it thru to Monday night play, but lost to a team from Bentonville. They played their little hearts out every night.

Friday night we took Rod's parents down to Springdale to watch the NWA Naturals play ball. And once again, it sure was hot....not much air stirring. Everybody had a good time I think. And the Naturals won too. The fireworks after the game were pretty awesome as well.

On Saturday, the kids and I went to a weenie roast/swim party at the home of some people from our church. It was a family event for the Secret Sisters group. The kids had a blast in the pool. Jake is quite the little daredevil......he had already jumped in from the side of the pool before I even got up the steps to set my things down!! He can't swim, but you'd never know it by watching him!!

Back to baseball, I think I forgot to mention that Rod coached the team this year, and since the season has ended, he says he's having "baseball withdrawals"! Kinda makes sense, since we've been playing baseball since February I think!! So today, he cleaned out the garage, moved most of it out on the driveway........got out his "cloudless sky" blue paint, and painted the top portion of the walls in the garage. On the bottom portion, he painted it grass green! Not sure what else it will have, but I'm pretty sure it will be baseball themed!! I will try and post pictures when he gets done!! I bet if he had the time, he'd paint the garage floor to resemble DIRT!! LOL No kidding!!

Since one of us has to work tomorrow, I supposed I'd better sign off for now. (Yes it's me that has to work tomorrow. "He" took off, just in case we went to the State tournament! LOL

Catch ya' later.
Cathy

0 comments: