CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

November? What happened?

I woke up this morning and I heard someone say it was December 1st already! What in the world happened to November? I know it was still November when I went to sleep last night! Whew, it just flew right past me. Halloween came and went (yeah, I know that was in October!), and now Thanksgiving has gone right by me too. Rodney's mom cooked a big dinner, so we went over there. It was wonderfully yummy as usual. What wasn't usual, was the quietness. Well, for the most part anyway. Jake is never quiet. Later in the day the wind started picking up and the temperature started dropping. Black Friday was pretty damp and chilly. Nope, I didn't go out early and mingle with the mob. I went to the office and mingled with "that" mob.LOL We were pretty much done there before noon, but stayed til about 12:30, just to make sure. I hit a few stores then, but nothing major. Still managed to get home before hubby did, but just barely. Had to hurry to my secret hiding spots with one of his gifts! That night, he, Austin and myself headed out to see if we could pick up some leftover specials from earlier in the day. We did find a few things! Saturday was pretty chilly. I'm probably not qualified to say that since I only left the house once that day, and that was after 3p.m.!!! I worked on my scrapbooking projects for most of the day. I've got lots of "irons" in the fire. But I will prevail!!! Sunday, we headed to Joplin after church to load up on more bargains. Our favorite store ran their sale for 3 days (Fri, Sat,Sun). After that trip, I think it's safe to say that we are pretty much, well almost, done with Christmas shopping. Now if I can just get hubby to get the decorations down out of the attic so we can put up the tree and all the trimmings, we'll be good to go. Tuesday should be a good day, since it's supposed to warm up into the 60's. Definitely NOT today (in the 30's)!! Well, I'm off to find some things to complete some of my projects. Have a good week and God Bless you all. CH

0 comments: