CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas...........the day after!

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you all had a very merry holiday. We finally managed to hit the road Wednesday, I think it was around 2:30 or 3:00p.m.!!! I really had planned to already be at my mom's house by then, but I was still working on projects Wednesday morning, so I was running behind, as usual!! The boys were so excited and could hardly wait to get there. We didn't even stop for the usual potty break!!! They had cousins to play with who were just as anxious for them to get there!! We had lots of good food...........somebody said it seemed like we had more food than we usually have!! Everybody brought food this year...........my mom wasn't supposed to do any cooking except for the ham, but she sneaked around and made the chicken casserole, and then with all the excitement of the day on Wednesday, she forgot to cook the ham. She told Austin she didn't really forget, she was just waiting to cook it so it didn't make us look bad being so late!! This is the first year that we were the LAST ones there!!! Christmas day we just hung out at my mom's and the kids got to spend most of the day playing! We went over to my Aunt's house later in the afternoon.........her son and his family were there. They have the most precious little girls.


See the picture on the left? That's our entire family (minus one niece who got married and moved to Alaska this year). Let me see if I can name everybody so it's easy to tell who's who....starting from the left, sitting in the chair is my brother David, holding his daughter Jessica, his wife Cindy, my niece Blake and her mom (my sister) Lori, then there's my hubby Rodney, with our youngest Jake, and then my oldest nephew Corey (he was born on my 25th birthday); then seated on the couch is my sister Marsha, sister-in-law Tammy (her husband is behind her), then there is Davey (he belongs with David & Cindy & Jessica), then there's Me, my Daddy, nephew Carter, my Mom, nephew Caleb (the 3 C's: Corey, Caleb, Carter belong with Tammy & the other David); back row behind the couch is my other brother David (Tammy's husband) and our oldest Austin. We are wishing we'd been doing a picture like this for years, so we could see how everyone has grown and changed over the years! But I guess there has to be a starting point somewhere, right?

I guess we are all just chillin' today. I thought about hitting some after Christmas sales, but I just don't know. I want to, but I don't know if I want to brave the crowds!! I've still got a couple of hours to catch some bargains if I decide to go!! These late nights and early mornings are starting to catch up with me. If I was 20 something it might be a different story, but the older I get the harder it gets!! Oh well, such is life!! Maybe I'll just stick around here and get things put back in order, packed up and away for next year, I don't know!!


Signing off for now............looking forward to a new year, new beginnings! OH OH OH, I almost forgot!! Guess who we got to meet yesterday (on Christmas Day!!!)???? Can you say Peyton Hillis??? Peyton Hillis, former Arkansas Razorback, now with the Denver Broncos!!! YES YES YES!!! And........ I've got pictures too!!! Yes, he's just as cute in person!! And he was so nice too. His parents live next door to my Aunt, and he just happened to be there yesterday !! Lucky us, but not so lucky for him, since he's injured!!! I talked Stuckey (my Aunt's husband) into going over and asking Peyton's dad if he was home and if they would mind if we could take a couple of pictures. I knew Austin would just LOVE it. He always wants to know if Peyton is home whenever we go to my Aunt's house. Last year he wanted to take his D-Mac jersey and see if they would ask Peyton get D-Mac to sign it for him!!!


Later........have a GREAT day!

Cathy


0 comments: