CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Countdown Is On!

Less than a week to go, and I almost have everything wrapped and under the tree........well, as best as I can get it!! I keep finding things I forgot I had gotten for the boys (all 3 of them!!).......that's why I don't start my Christmas shopping early! I knew there was a reason!! The only things that I don't have finished are the homemade projects........but I will get them done today, one way or another!

I think I even have almost all the ingredients for all the things that I am making to take down to my mom's house for dinner on Christmas Eve! That's amazing! My sis-in-law and I told my mom that this year all she is "allowed" to cook is the ham and rolls for dinner, and a make a relish from Harry & David's that she loves! We delegated all the rest of the cooking to each of my siblings and myself this year. I think it's a great idea. Mom thinks that because some of us live "out of town" or "out of state" that we shouldn't have to bring any of the food, but we disagreed. Some of it will still be cooked/made at Mom's house, but I told her she's not "allowed" to do any of it. LOL **Funny Story** She called me a couple of nights ago and said she was up around midnight the night before cooking the chicken for the chicken casserole, so she could get it made and then freeze it so it would be done for dinner on Christmas Eve. She got out the container of 'sour cream', but when she opened the container, it had guacamole in it! I told her "Well, that's what you get for trying to sneak around and do something you weren't supposed to even be doing!!" I told her I'd have somebody come over there and keep a watch on her if I needed to, to make sure she "behaved" and didn't try to make anything else for our dinner!

Suppose I should sign off for today, and go let my 'beautician' get my hair done. I'm so thankful to have a husband who doesn't mind doing that sort of stuff! I just love him so much! Have a great day, and try and stay warm.

Cathy

0 comments: